Part of A47 at Elm Hall roundabout forced shut ‘for next few hours’ after fuel spillage
- Credit: Archant
Both carriageways along the A47 at the Elm Hall roundabout near Wisbech have been forced shut following a fuel spillage this morning.
Police are urging all motorists avoid the area if they can as the closure is expected to last a “for the next few hours” after a crash.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said: “We’ve closed both carriageways of the A47 at the Elm Hall roundabout near Wisbech after a fuel spillage.
“Emergency services and highways at the scene. Road is expected to remain closed for next few hours. Please avoid the area if you can.”
Cambs Cops tweeted: “The road at Elm Hall Roundabout- A47 - is currently closed due to an RTC.
You may also want to watch:
“Please find an alternative route and avoid the area if possible.”
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown