Part of A47 at Elm Hall roundabout forced shut ‘for next few hours’ after fuel spillage
- Credit: Archant
Both carriageways along the A47 at the Elm Hall roundabout near Wisbech have been forced shut following a fuel spillage this morning.
Police are urging all motorists avoid the area if they can as the closure is expected to last a “for the next few hours” after a crash.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said: “We’ve closed both carriageways of the A47 at the Elm Hall roundabout near Wisbech after a fuel spillage.
“Emergency services and highways at the scene. Road is expected to remain closed for next few hours. Please avoid the area if you can.”
Cambs Cops tweeted: “The road at Elm Hall Roundabout- A47 - is currently closed due to an RTC.
You may also want to watch:
“Please find an alternative route and avoid the area if possible.”
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road