Part of A47 at Elm Hall roundabout forced shut ‘for next few hours’ after fuel spillage
- Credit: Archant
Both carriageways along the A47 at the Elm Hall roundabout near Wisbech have been forced shut following a fuel spillage this morning.
Police are urging all motorists avoid the area if they can as the closure is expected to last a “for the next few hours” after a crash.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said: “We’ve closed both carriageways of the A47 at the Elm Hall roundabout near Wisbech after a fuel spillage.
“Emergency services and highways at the scene. Road is expected to remain closed for next few hours. Please avoid the area if you can.”
Cambs Cops tweeted: “The road at Elm Hall Roundabout- A47 - is currently closed due to an RTC.
You may also want to watch:
“Please find an alternative route and avoid the area if possible.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 5 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 6 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 7 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign