From the flatlands of the Fens to boggy hills for a charity challenge by a Wisbech businessman
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech businessman completed what he said was a brutal challenge to raise more than £1,700 for charity.
Alex Neal, managing director of TES Europe in Wisbech completed 25 miles, 60 obstacles and a dozen or so injuries to finish three Spartan races in one season.
His hard work has raised £1,171.00 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Obstacles on the race included rope climbs, clay pit crawls, barbed wire net crawl, monkey bars and the fire jump for affect at the end.
Mr Neal said: “While the sprint at Milton was pretty straight forward the super and beast at Pippingford were brutal.
You may also want to watch:
“The problem with living in the Fens is it’s flat and the courses were mainly hills! To make it just a little more challenging still, the terrain was punishing, boggy ground and ice cold lakes take their toll on a body that is not used to that environment by any means.”
He said he pulled through with the fantastic support of his wife, friends and family.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
Mr Neal who is also a member of the Wisbech Macmillan football club is putting a Trifecta team together for next year to take on the challenge to raise more funds for Macmillan, a charity close to his heart.
“It is a chance to say thank you to all those who have done such a fantastic job for my Dad and continue to do so much good for so many. I will train, run sweat and no doubt bleed at some point and hope that my efforts will encourage a few others to help raise further funding, maybe through a little more conventional methods than three Spartan races.”
To sponsor visit http://www.justgiving.com/alexneal/ or text 70070 with SPTN98 followed by the amount.