Friends’ wild west disco raises £922 for Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A wild west-themed disco helped raise almost £1,000 for a Fenland treatment centre.
Friends Kim Berry, Debbie Carter, Lyn Johnson, Karen Orviss, Helen Osborn Wakeling and Ana Weston raised over £922 by hosting the all-American party and donated their impressive total to Michelle Knight of the Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre in Wisbech on October 21.
The centre provides clinical treatment, such as blood transfusions or medication infusions in a friendly environment on their doorstep.
Fundraiser Lyn Johnson said: “Having access to the centre’s care and support closer to home makes a huge difference to patients and their loved ones. The centre relies heavily on donations and it was very grateful to receive the cheque.
“We were all thrilled with the amount raised and are already planning another event next year.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank all local businesses or individuals who donated items for the raffle.”
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Share your views on our newspaper via reader survey
- 5 Woman ‘drink driver’ arrested for having no licence or insurance
- 6 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 7 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Man who died in road crash is named