Friends’ wild west disco raises £922 for Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A wild west-themed disco helped raise almost £1,000 for a Fenland treatment centre.
Friends Kim Berry, Debbie Carter, Lyn Johnson, Karen Orviss, Helen Osborn Wakeling and Ana Weston raised over £922 by hosting the all-American party and donated their impressive total to Michelle Knight of the Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre in Wisbech on October 21.
The centre provides clinical treatment, such as blood transfusions or medication infusions in a friendly environment on their doorstep.
Fundraiser Lyn Johnson said: “Having access to the centre’s care and support closer to home makes a huge difference to patients and their loved ones. The centre relies heavily on donations and it was very grateful to receive the cheque.
“We were all thrilled with the amount raised and are already planning another event next year.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank all local businesses or individuals who donated items for the raffle.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children