Friday Bridge brothers take eSports gaming business to new height
- Credit: Archant
Two entrepreneuring brothers from Friday Bridge are taking their e-sports business to the top of the game.
Joel Holmes-Darby, managing director, and Kieran Holmes-Darby, director of operations, set up ExceL eSports Ltd in 2014. It is a professional competitive gaming organisation that enables its playing staff to compete at the highest level in global eSports competitions.
Joel and Kieran have a volunteering staff team of 15 and teams who compete around the world in various games. They have 10,000 followers on Twitter and have become verified.
The company, which is a multi-platform organisation, competes in six major eSports arenas: Counter-Strike, League of Legends, Hearthstone, FIFA, Gears of War and Smite.
They said: “We wanted to help change the perceptions of relatives and the general public about electronic sports.
You may also want to watch:
“The perceptions of these games are changing and big corporations are starting to realise, with the likes of Coke and Doritos sponsoring US teams who compete at a global level.”
For more information visit www.excelesports.com
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal