Friday Bridge brothers take eSports gaming business to new height
- Credit: Archant
Two entrepreneuring brothers from Friday Bridge are taking their e-sports business to the top of the game.
Joel Holmes-Darby, managing director, and Kieran Holmes-Darby, director of operations, set up ExceL eSports Ltd in 2014. It is a professional competitive gaming organisation that enables its playing staff to compete at the highest level in global eSports competitions.
Joel and Kieran have a volunteering staff team of 15 and teams who compete around the world in various games. They have 10,000 followers on Twitter and have become verified.
The company, which is a multi-platform organisation, competes in six major eSports arenas: Counter-Strike, League of Legends, Hearthstone, FIFA, Gears of War and Smite.
They said: “We wanted to help change the perceptions of relatives and the general public about electronic sports.
You may also want to watch:
“The perceptions of these games are changing and big corporations are starting to realise, with the likes of Coke and Doritos sponsoring US teams who compete at a global level.”
For more information visit www.excelesports.com
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 4 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Two drink drivers lose their licences