Fresh from scooping regional award now its national honours for Wisbech security officer Roger
- Credit: Archant
Roger Vanhinsbergh, the security officer at the Horsefair Shopping Centre, Wisbech, has won a national award from the British Security Industry Association (BSIA).
In March he won the BSIA regional award but has now eclipsed others to win the national ‘service to the customer’ award.
He was presented with his latest award during a ceremony at the Hilton Hotel, London by Baroness Smith of Basildon, Labour’s Shadow Home Affairs Minister for private security.
Mr Vanhinsbergh said: “I can’t quite believe I won. “Getting nominated for the regional award was such an achievement so winning this is pretty unbelievable. I love working at the Horsefair and helping out the community so it’s great to have my work recognised at this level.”
Kevin Smith, manager of the Horsefair Shopping Centre, commented: “Roger does so much work to improve security at the centre; he’s made a significant contribution over the years to making Wisbech town centre a much safer place”.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Clarke, managing director of City Security who employs Roger, said: “His commitment is outstanding and the difference that he has made to the local community is something special.
“It is no exaggeration to say that he has singlehandedly reduced the local area’s crime rate”.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 5 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 6 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 7 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 8 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 9 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 10 Animal firm 'left behind' in bid to stay afloat during pandemic