Fresh from scooping regional award now its national honours for Wisbech security officer Roger
- Credit: Archant
Roger Vanhinsbergh, the security officer at the Horsefair Shopping Centre, Wisbech, has won a national award from the British Security Industry Association (BSIA).
In March he won the BSIA regional award but has now eclipsed others to win the national ‘service to the customer’ award.
He was presented with his latest award during a ceremony at the Hilton Hotel, London by Baroness Smith of Basildon, Labour’s Shadow Home Affairs Minister for private security.
Mr Vanhinsbergh said: “I can’t quite believe I won. “Getting nominated for the regional award was such an achievement so winning this is pretty unbelievable. I love working at the Horsefair and helping out the community so it’s great to have my work recognised at this level.”
Kevin Smith, manager of the Horsefair Shopping Centre, commented: “Roger does so much work to improve security at the centre; he’s made a significant contribution over the years to making Wisbech town centre a much safer place”.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Clarke, managing director of City Security who employs Roger, said: “His commitment is outstanding and the difference that he has made to the local community is something special.
“It is no exaggeration to say that he has singlehandedly reduced the local area’s crime rate”.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running