Free HIV tests to take place in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A free, confidential event for students to take a HIV test will be held at the Wisbech campus of the College of West Anglia.
Sexual health charity The Terrence Higgins Trust is calling on people to 'Give HIV the finger' by taking a simple, painless and quick finger prick HIV test.
The event will take place tomorrow (November 21) from 10am to 2pm.
It comes as part of HIV Testing Week taking place this week across Cambridgeshire.
Emma McLaven, service manager at Terrence Higgins Trust, said: "We need to work together as a community to reduce the stigma around HIV and encourage people that might be at risk to get tested.
You may also want to watch:
"Testing is nothing to be fearful of or embarrassed about. There is nothing embarrassing about making sure your sexual health is a priority."
A recent Public Health England report estimated that 1 in 14 people in the UK are living with HIV and remain undiagnosed.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success