Free help at hand for Wisbech households who may experience TV signal disruption due to 4G introduction
- Credit: Archant
Free support is available for people who may experience disruption to their TV signal because of the introduction of 4G mobile masts in Wisbech.
For some households the new masts could disrupt Freeview - TV received through an aerial.
This is because some 4G signals operate at 800 MHz, adjacent to the frequencies used by Freeview.
TVs and set-top boxes that receive Freeview can fail to block the 4G signals causing interference such as a loss of sound, blocky images or loss of some or all channels.
An organisation made up of the leading mobile phone operators, at800, will provide free assistance to households who experience disruption.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Roome, chief executive of at800, said: “New 4G mobile masts are bringing mobile broadband to Wisbech and King’s Lynn, but they do have the potential to disrupt TV reception for some households.
“We’re already helping viewers in the area and continue to offer support.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
“We want to ensure that people know it’s our role to fix any disruption to Freeview due to 4G at 800 MHz and that there’s no charge for our support.”
Any viewers who experience new disruption to Freeview should contact at800 on 0808 13 13 800 (free from landlines and mobiles) or www.at800.tv/contact-us