Bar and diner offer up free hot meals and drinks to homeless people during Britain’s freezing weather
- Credit: Facebook
A Wisbech bar/diner is offering free hot drinks and meals to the homeless during the cold weather.
Coyote Bar and Diner, based in Union Street, announced that they will be looking after the town’s homeless people, especially as the weather is set to get even colder.
The diner released a poster on their social media pages and asked the public to tell all of the homeless people they see to come down to the diner.
Free drinks and hot meals will be available to homeless people between 4pm and 5pm on Friday, February 1 and Saturday, February 2.
Betty Cunningham, diner manager, said: “We have had a really good reception already. I realised something had to be done when I got so cold one night.
You may also want to watch:
“We see people everyday outside on the streets and I fill up their water bottles but I knew that I needed to do more; there’s more to life than that.”
The news comes after the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government revealed that there were 23 rough sleepers in Fenland, with the majority aged over 26.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 9 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 10 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
Ms Cunningham says she and her staff have plans to make the free meals a regular weekly event.