Bar and diner offer up free hot meals and drinks to homeless people during Britain’s freezing weather
- Credit: Facebook
A Wisbech bar/diner is offering free hot drinks and meals to the homeless during the cold weather.
Coyote Bar and Diner, based in Union Street, announced that they will be looking after the town’s homeless people, especially as the weather is set to get even colder.
The diner released a poster on their social media pages and asked the public to tell all of the homeless people they see to come down to the diner.
Free drinks and hot meals will be available to homeless people between 4pm and 5pm on Friday, February 1 and Saturday, February 2.
Betty Cunningham, diner manager, said: “We have had a really good reception already. I realised something had to be done when I got so cold one night.
You may also want to watch:
“We see people everyday outside on the streets and I fill up their water bottles but I knew that I needed to do more; there’s more to life than that.”
The news comes after the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government revealed that there were 23 rough sleepers in Fenland, with the majority aged over 26.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
Ms Cunningham says she and her staff have plans to make the free meals a regular weekly event.