Four vehicles destroyed and house set alight as West Norfolk villages are targeted by arsonists
FOUR vehicles were destroyed by fires started in two Fenland villages within minutes of each other.
At about 5.15am on Monday, arsonists set light to a parked vehicle at the junction of Lynn Road and Mill Road in Walpole Highway. The vehicle was destroyed and a saloon vehicle was seen to leave the area.
Shortly afterwards, a vehicle parked outside the post office in School Road, Fen End, Terrington St John, was also set alight. This car and two nearby vehicles were also destroyed and a nearby home was set light while two people slept inside.
Police have conducted house-to-house enquiries in the vicinity of both incidents but are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious around these times.
Pc David Mallett from Terrington Safer Neighbourhood Team said: “The fire at Terrington spread to two adjacent vehicles and the nearby building and it was only through prompt attendance by the fire service that no-one was seriously hurt during this attack. It’s important that we find the people responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Pc Mallett on 0845 456 4567 or pass information to police via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 3 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal