Four sets of sisters play key role in Wisbech Grammar School's hockey team
FOUR sets of sisters have played a key role in the success of Wisbech Grammar School s 1st XI hockey team. The awesome foursome of sister partnerships has helped the team win 10 of its 14 matches. Team captain is 18-year-old Charlotte Lemon, who has score
FOUR sets of sisters have played a key role in the success of Wisbech Grammar School's 1st XI hockey team.
The awesome foursome of sister partnerships has helped the team win 10 of its 14 matches.
Team captain is 18-year-old Charlotte Lemon, who has scored 16 of the 49 goals scored this term. Charlotte has been assisted by her sister Susanna, 15, who has also doubled up as under-16's captain.
Three other sets of siblings in the team are: Charlotte Hay, 16, and 15-year-old Georgina Hay; Saskia Cooper, 16, and 14-year-old Francesca Cooper; and three members of the Rosier family, Harriet, 17, Polly, 15, and 14-year-old Beth.
You may also want to watch:
PE teacher Mrs Jane Reavell, who has coached the side with Sara Harris, said: "This is probably one of the most successful seasons ever. Charlotte has been an excellent captain and has included everybody.
"Francesca and Beth were considerably younger when they were brought into the side, but they were made to feel part of the family.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site