Four people treated by ambulance crews after ‘suspected chemical leak’ in Elm which led to Gosmoor Lane road closure
- Credit: Archant
Four people were treated by ambulance crews yesterday after reports of a suspected chemical leak in Elm led to a road being closed.
Fire and ambulance crews from Wisbech, March and St Neots were called to Fenmarc Produce Limited on Gosmoor Lane in Elm Part at 2.17pm.
“They arrived quickly and evacuated the building as a precaution,” said a Cambs Fire spokesman.
“Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the premises to check for any spillages using specialist monitoring equipment.
“Nothing was found and the site was left with the on-site team.
You may also want to watch:
“Four casualties were treated by ambulance crews, three of whom were discharged with no injury.”
Fenland Police tweeted at 4.18pm: “Gosmoor Lane, Elm closed due to ongoing multi-agency incident. #Roadclosed.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
The fire crews returned to their stations by 4.55pm.