Four drink drivers stopped within one hour in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Four drink drivers were stopped within one hour in Wisbech on Saturday night (October 14) – including one who was almost three times the legal limit.
A police spokesman said: “From 11.30pm to 00.40am, four drivers were arrested in separate incidents after proactive stops from the Reactive Policing Team and Neighbourhood Policing Team.
“All four drivers provided positive breath tests at the road side and were taken into custody.”
In one incident, officers stopped a black Honda Civic on Kooreman Avenue. The driver failed the road side breath test by blowing 102ugs, whereas the legal limit is 35ugs.
“The driver was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre at King’s Lynn,” said a police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
“Checks showed that the driver was also disqualified from driving and had no insurance for his vehicle.”
Also over the weekend in Wisbech, officers seized an uninsured vehicle after a routine stop.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
In another incident, a driver was reported for a number of offences including driving on a provisional licence. The vehicle was recovered.