Four drink drivers stopped within one hour in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Four drink drivers were stopped within one hour in Wisbech on Saturday night (October 14) – including one who was almost three times the legal limit.
A police spokesman said: “From 11.30pm to 00.40am, four drivers were arrested in separate incidents after proactive stops from the Reactive Policing Team and Neighbourhood Policing Team.
“All four drivers provided positive breath tests at the road side and were taken into custody.”
In one incident, officers stopped a black Honda Civic on Kooreman Avenue. The driver failed the road side breath test by blowing 102ugs, whereas the legal limit is 35ugs.
“The driver was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre at King’s Lynn,” said a police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
“Checks showed that the driver was also disqualified from driving and had no insurance for his vehicle.”
Also over the weekend in Wisbech, officers seized an uninsured vehicle after a routine stop.
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began
In another incident, a driver was reported for a number of offences including driving on a provisional licence. The vehicle was recovered.