Four drink drivers stopped within one hour in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Four drink drivers were stopped within one hour in Wisbech on Saturday night (October 14) – including one who was almost three times the legal limit.
A police spokesman said: “From 11.30pm to 00.40am, four drivers were arrested in separate incidents after proactive stops from the Reactive Policing Team and Neighbourhood Policing Team.
“All four drivers provided positive breath tests at the road side and were taken into custody.”
In one incident, officers stopped a black Honda Civic on Kooreman Avenue. The driver failed the road side breath test by blowing 102ugs, whereas the legal limit is 35ugs.
“The driver was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre at King’s Lynn,” said a police spokesman.
“Checks showed that the driver was also disqualified from driving and had no insurance for his vehicle.”
Also over the weekend in Wisbech, officers seized an uninsured vehicle after a routine stop.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 10 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
In another incident, a driver was reported for a number of offences including driving on a provisional licence. The vehicle was recovered.