Four drink drivers stopped within one hour in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Four drink drivers were stopped within one hour in Wisbech on Saturday night (October 14) – including one who was almost three times the legal limit.
A police spokesman said: “From 11.30pm to 00.40am, four drivers were arrested in separate incidents after proactive stops from the Reactive Policing Team and Neighbourhood Policing Team.
“All four drivers provided positive breath tests at the road side and were taken into custody.”
In one incident, officers stopped a black Honda Civic on Kooreman Avenue. The driver failed the road side breath test by blowing 102ugs, whereas the legal limit is 35ugs.
“The driver was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre at King’s Lynn,” said a police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
“Checks showed that the driver was also disqualified from driving and had no insurance for his vehicle.”
Also over the weekend in Wisbech, officers seized an uninsured vehicle after a routine stop.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
In another incident, a driver was reported for a number of offences including driving on a provisional licence. The vehicle was recovered.