Four arrests made in Wisbech after police find drugs and cash during crackdown
FOUR people have been arrested in Wisbech after police continued a crackdown on drug dealing in the town.
One person was arrested in connection to the supply of cannabis and ecstasy tablets after officers forced entry and executed a warrant at an address in the town.
Police discovered a quantity of tablets and cannabis resin, as well as more than �1,000 in cash.
Three people were also arrested in connection to the supply of heroin and crack cocaine near to Wisbech town centre.
Plain clothes officers from the Wisbech Neighbourhood Team, acting on recent intelligence, arrested one male on the street before forcing entry into a premises and arresting two further people.
You may also want to watch:
A significant quantity of both heroin and cocaine were seized by officers as well as cash and other items of interest.
Sgt Stubbs from the Wisbech NPT said: “This was great result, but this is just the beginning.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
“We will work tirelessly to make drug dealing, and its associated crimes, as difficult as possible for the criminals of Wisbech.”
The operation was a joint intelligence led operation by Wisbech NPT and the local response team. Investigations into the arrests are currently on going.