Four arrests made in Wisbech after police find drugs and cash during crackdown
FOUR people have been arrested in Wisbech after police continued a crackdown on drug dealing in the town.
One person was arrested in connection to the supply of cannabis and ecstasy tablets after officers forced entry and executed a warrant at an address in the town.
Police discovered a quantity of tablets and cannabis resin, as well as more than �1,000 in cash.
Three people were also arrested in connection to the supply of heroin and crack cocaine near to Wisbech town centre.
Plain clothes officers from the Wisbech Neighbourhood Team, acting on recent intelligence, arrested one male on the street before forcing entry into a premises and arresting two further people.
You may also want to watch:
A significant quantity of both heroin and cocaine were seized by officers as well as cash and other items of interest.
Sgt Stubbs from the Wisbech NPT said: “This was great result, but this is just the beginning.
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
“We will work tirelessly to make drug dealing, and its associated crimes, as difficult as possible for the criminals of Wisbech.”
The operation was a joint intelligence led operation by Wisbech NPT and the local response team. Investigations into the arrests are currently on going.