Four arrests made in Wisbech after police find drugs and cash during crackdown
FOUR people have been arrested in Wisbech after police continued a crackdown on drug dealing in the town.
One person was arrested in connection to the supply of cannabis and ecstasy tablets after officers forced entry and executed a warrant at an address in the town.
Police discovered a quantity of tablets and cannabis resin, as well as more than �1,000 in cash.
Three people were also arrested in connection to the supply of heroin and crack cocaine near to Wisbech town centre.
Plain clothes officers from the Wisbech Neighbourhood Team, acting on recent intelligence, arrested one male on the street before forcing entry into a premises and arresting two further people.
You may also want to watch:
A significant quantity of both heroin and cocaine were seized by officers as well as cash and other items of interest.
Sgt Stubbs from the Wisbech NPT said: “This was great result, but this is just the beginning.
- 1 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 4 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 5 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Civic business as usual for under fire Wisbech mayor
“We will work tirelessly to make drug dealing, and its associated crimes, as difficult as possible for the criminals of Wisbech.”
The operation was a joint intelligence led operation by Wisbech NPT and the local response team. Investigations into the arrests are currently on going.