Forensic teams examine £200,000 Murrow home near Wisbech where man, 51, arrested on suspicion of murdering his partner
- Credit: Archant
Forensic teams were still busy at a Fenland house tonight – nearly 24 hours after a man was arrested on suspicion of murder.
A silver Ford Fiesta and a blue Volvo remain outside the £200,000 four bedroom detached house in Murrow Bank, Murrow, near Wisbech, where a woman’s body was found.
Villagers say the man arrested on suspicion of murder is English and is believed to have lived there with the woman and a teenage child.
Police confirmed a man, 51, is being questioned on suspicion of murder after being arrested at the scene.
He was taken to Thorpe Wood police station, Peterborough, on Monday night after detectives were called to the house following a 999 call to the ambulance service.
You may also want to watch:
Houses along Murrow Bank are largely screened by conifers and neighbours said they were unaware of the events of Monday night until this morning.
Many of the residents of Murrow Bank are retired and were reluctant to discuss the incident.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
One man who lives in nearby Back Road said the incident had left him “shocked”.
He said he was out on Monday night and saw and heard nothing.
“When I got up today there was a note through the door telling me police had called,” he said. “I imagine they will call back if they think I can tell them anything.”
He added: “It’s not something you expect to happen in a little village like Murrow.”
Other neighbours said they remained unaware of what had happened and didn’t know the occupants well who lived at the house.
Another resident, who said they had only lived locally for 18 months, said they had on occasions heard arguments spilling into the street. He was unsure how many lived in the house but believed the couple who lived there had a teenage child.
Police have so far been unable to trace the woman’s next of kin, and a post mortem has not yet been set.
Emergency services were called last night at 9.34pm and arrived to find the woman’s body.
Police said they were called by the ambulance service “to reports of a sudden death of a woman”.
A police spokesman said: “Officers attended the scene and the death is currently being treated as suspicious.
“A police cordon is currently in place and is expected to be for some time. “
The spokesman said a 51-year-old man from Murrow has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station.