Football manager treated for serious injuries after Boxing Day car crash
A FOOTBALL manager from Wisbech is expected to spend several months in hospital after he was involved in a car crash on Boxing Day. Shane Milner, 37, who is manager of Peterborough and District Football League Division One side Ketton FC, was taken to Add
A FOOTBALL manager from Wisbech is expected to spend several months in hospital after he was involved in a car crash on Boxing Day.
Shane Milner, 37, who is manager of Peterborough and District Football League Division One side Ketton FC, was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge by air ambulance.
Cambridgeshire Police confirmed that Mr Milner has been treated for serious but not life-threatening injuries.
He is expected to miss the rest of the season with Ketton and will be replaced by reserve team manager Andy Gray.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gray said: " We all wish Shane the best as he's a great bloke who has done a lot for the football club and become very good mates with everyone associated with it.
"We hope that he makes a full and swift recovery and we will see him at the club again soon."
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
The two-vehicle collision took place on the A47 at Guyhirn at around 11.26am and police are appealing for witnesses.
PC Neil Hardwick said: "I would like to speak to anyone who saw these vehicles travelling along the A47 leading up to the collision."
Mr Milner was driving a black Volkswagen Polo.
His two passengers, a woman and a boy, received slight injuries.
The other car involved was a silver Ford Focus.
The 26-year-old female driver and her passengers, three boys aged eight, five and two, received slight injuries.
Mr Milner has made 12 apperances and scored one goal for Wisbech Town first team.
He also played several games for Wisbech Reserves.
He did not wish to comment when the Wisbech Standard contacted him this week.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact PC Hardwick at Thorpe Wood Police Station on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.