Flower power begins today
THREE days of events based on its church s flower festival begin today in Tydd St Giles. From today until Sunday, the Parish Church will be open for its annual flower festival, daily from 10am to 6pm. Tomorrow there will be a visit from Richard Robbs, own
THREE days of events based on its church's flower festival begin today in Tydd St Giles.
From today until Sunday, the Parish Church will be open for its annual flower festival, daily from 10am to 6pm.
Tomorrow there will be a visit from Richard Robbs, owner of Granny's Cupboard in Wisbech, conducting a valuation evening from 7.30pm. Organisers say he will provide valuations of any item, but particularly china, but is disinclined to value stamps, coins or jewellery.
On Sunday the evening rounds off with a 'songs of praise' in the church at 6pm, followed by a harvest auction in the Crown and Mitre.
You may also want to watch:
Before the service, villagers will gather for the official opening and dedication of new disabled toilet facilities, and baby changing facilities, and installation of a new boiler.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed