Floral displays to bloom ready for flower festival at Emmanuel Church in Parson Drove
- Credit: Archant
A popular flower festival will brighten up the Emmanuel Church in Parson Drove next weekend.
Colourful bouquets will be on display at the event, which will run from 10am to 4pm from Friday September 21 to Sunday September 23.
Church stalwarts Isabelle Johnson and Casey Bates will be on hand during the weekend.
They said: “We would say to anyone interested, come along and see beautiful displays of flowers and have a look at the church too.”
There will be tea, coffee, refreshments and toilets are available on site.
On the Sunday, a choral performance of Evensong Songs of Praise will bring the festival to a close at 4pm with the Benefice Choir.
Admission is free and there will be parking spaces outside the church.
- 1 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 9 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 10 Disruption to train lines between Royston and Cambridge
A Macmillan Coffee Morning will also be held on Friday September 28 from 9pm to 4pm, with everyone welcome.