Flowers and messages left for Valentine’s Day motorcycle crash victim
- Credit: Archant
Floral tributes have been left at the site of a fatal motorcycle crash which killed March man Eric Gowler on Valentine’s Day.
The much-loved 34-year-old of St Peters Road suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene just before 7.30pm on Wisbech Road, March.
Bunches of colourful flowers and a helment with “RIP Bro” written onto the top, have been laid outside Wisbech Road post office.
In tribute, Eric’s family said: “Eric was a much-loved son, father, brother and uncle. He was a friend to many and lived life to the full.
“Both he and his son had a passion for anything with an engine.
You may also want to watch:
“He will be greatly missed by all who knew him and we would like to thank all those who helped at the scene, and for all the tributes left for Eric - he had more friends than we knew.”
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to the collision.
- 1 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- 2 Paedophile exposed himself to mum near school
- 3 Assault on tax officials lands man in court
- 4 Driver pulled from three-car wreck as one vehicle flips onto its side
- 5 Flooding: 'We’ve probably lost around £10,000'
- 6 Hospital worker 'swerving' on road was over alcohol limit on way to work
- 7 Wife leads tributes to 'generous' husband after battle with Covid-19
- 8 No trains to or from London King’s Cross this weekend due to £1.2bn upgrade work
- 9 Tribute to Capt Tom and to all grieving from Covid-19 losses
- 10 ‘Hugging, kissing' in mayor’s pub –one of 21 Covid breaches
Anyone with information should report this via the force’s web chat here: bit.ly/2D9KFKH, report online via www.cambs.police.uk/report/ or alternatively call 101, quoting incident 341 of February 14.