Floral fans descend on Walpole St Peter’s Church for 56th annual Flower Festival and Fayre
- Credit: Archant
Walpole St Peter is in the middle of a floral frenzy.
The village is currently holding its 56th annual flower festival and fayre, and hundreds of flower fans have already paid a visit to St Peter’s Church, which is one of Prince Charles’ favourites in the area, for the four-day celebration of all things floral.
As well as the usual variety of colourful displays, this year’s festival – which is themed ‘it was a great day out’ - includes mini ride-on railways, children’s games, teddies from the tower, molly dancing and performances from the King’s Lynn Town Band and the Anthony Curton School Choir.
The festival also featured a special guest appearance from local Paralympic hero, Jody Cundy.
The swimmer-turned-cyclist showed off his gold medals to those at the festival on Saturday (June 3).
You may also want to watch:
The festival runs daily until Wednesday (June 7) and is open daily from 9am until 5pm. Parking and admission is free.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis