Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- Credit: Cambs Police
A car spun out of control and overturned after police tried to stop the driver on suspicion of drink driving.
And a second driver who also tried to flee traffic cops elsewhere in the county was caught and arrested.
“These two drivers tried their best to escape our road policing officers in St Neots and Thorney over the weekend”, said a police spokesperson.
“Thankfully there were no injuries but both were caught driving under the influence.”
Police continue to urge people to report drink or drug drivers on their confidential hotline 0800 032 0845.
You may also want to watch:
Last week four men were disqualified from driving after being caught drink driving in Fenland and Peterborough.
The spokesperson said: “We are working hard to tackle the issue across Cambridgeshire but are asking drivers to rethink getting behind the wheel after consuming alcohol.
- 1 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 2 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 3 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 4 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 5 ‘Literally brilliant’ says author during school visit
- 6 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 7 Body found in Wisbech road
- 8 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 9 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 10 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
“Drink driving not only endangers the life of the driver, but also other road users around them. The legal limit is 35 but we recommend you stay at zero.”