Flat catches fire in King Street, Wisbech due to unattended cooking

Flat catches fire in King Street, Wisbech due to unattended cooking

Flat catches fire in King Street, Wisbech due to unattended cooking - Credit: Archant

Firefighters forced entry to a second floor flat in King Street, Wisbech when unattended cooking caught alight last night.

The flat was smoke-filled and two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish a blaze that was contained to the stove area.

It is believed to have been started by cooking that was left unattended when the householder left the flat.

One crew from Wisbech was called to the fire at around 9.35pm. They returned to their station by 10.25pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus