Proud moment for Soham’s Fish and Meat Company UK as they scoop ‘very good’ 5 star hygiene rating from council
- Credit: Supplied/Ben Waters
It was a proud day for an East Cambridgeshire food company after they scooped 5 stars in a council hygiene inspection.
The Fish and Meat Company UK Ltd, based in Soham, received a 'very good' 5 star rating after a visit from East Cambridgeshire District Council on October 10.
Five stars is the highest rating a business can get as part of the council's 'scores on the doors'.
The company also achieved 'good' in structural compliance and 'high' in confidence in management during the inspection.
Ben Waters, managing director, said: "It's not just how you handle your food that gives you these marks, there is far more too it.
You may also want to watch:
"From allergen list right through to what kind of pallet you can store your boxes on.
"So I was relieved upon receiving this 5 star and it allows customers to buy from me knowing 100 per cent that it's safe and has full traceability.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
"A lot of behind the scenes work and lots of correct paperwork has ensured a 5 star food hygiene rating for us. Buy local and buy it safe."