Proud moment for Soham’s Fish and Meat Company UK as they scoop ‘very good’ 5 star hygiene rating from council
- Credit: Supplied/Ben Waters
It was a proud day for an East Cambridgeshire food company after they scooped 5 stars in a council hygiene inspection.
The Fish and Meat Company UK Ltd, based in Soham, received a 'very good' 5 star rating after a visit from East Cambridgeshire District Council on October 10.
Five stars is the highest rating a business can get as part of the council's 'scores on the doors'.
The company also achieved 'good' in structural compliance and 'high' in confidence in management during the inspection.
Ben Waters, managing director, said: "It's not just how you handle your food that gives you these marks, there is far more too it.
"From allergen list right through to what kind of pallet you can store your boxes on.
"So I was relieved upon receiving this 5 star and it allows customers to buy from me knowing 100 per cent that it's safe and has full traceability.
- 1 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 10 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
"A lot of behind the scenes work and lots of correct paperwork has ensured a 5 star food hygiene rating for us. Buy local and buy it safe."