Proud moment for Soham’s Fish and Meat Company UK as they scoop ‘very good’ 5 star hygiene rating from council
- Credit: Supplied/Ben Waters
It was a proud day for an East Cambridgeshire food company after they scooped 5 stars in a council hygiene inspection.
The Fish and Meat Company UK Ltd, based in Soham, received a 'very good' 5 star rating after a visit from East Cambridgeshire District Council on October 10.
Five stars is the highest rating a business can get as part of the council's 'scores on the doors'.
The company also achieved 'good' in structural compliance and 'high' in confidence in management during the inspection.
Ben Waters, managing director, said: "It's not just how you handle your food that gives you these marks, there is far more too it.
"From allergen list right through to what kind of pallet you can store your boxes on.
"So I was relieved upon receiving this 5 star and it allows customers to buy from me knowing 100 per cent that it's safe and has full traceability.
- 1 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 2 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 8 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 9 Man admits west Norfolk arson
- 10 Ferry Project charity to host job fair in Wisbech
"A lot of behind the scenes work and lots of correct paperwork has ensured a 5 star food hygiene rating for us. Buy local and buy it safe."