Five new on-call firefighters will serve March, Ely and Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Five new on-call firefighters will be serving March, Ely and Wisbech after completing training.
The latest batch of on-call recruits passed out on March 13 and will fit serving their community as a firefighter around their work and home life.
Fitness consultant Victoria Larham, 30, will be on-call at March.
Running and fitness enthusiast Jose Perez, 43, is now an on-call firefighter at Ely Fire Station.
Wisbech’s on-call crewing numbers will be boosted with the addition of two new recruits.
You may also want to watch:
Max Coles, a 26-year-old painter, will respond to calls from the town’s on-call station alongside electrician Luke Green, 20, who enjoys motorsports and snowboarding.
Gary Mitchley, group commander and head of on-call at CFRS, said: “Training is tough and these individuals have shown dedication not just to the fire service but to themselves and their communities.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
The new recruits are on-call after completing three months of training at the service’s training centre in Huntingdon.
To find out more about becoming an on-call firefighter call 01480 444500 or visit www.cambsfire.gov.uk