Five hurt after Storm Doris blows over a bus in Walton Highway near Wisbech - bus also thought to have hit lamp post
- Credit: Archant
A double decker bus overturned in strong winds in Walton Highway leaving passengers with minor injuries.
Police were called to the scene around 1.25pm after the X1 bus was blown over near the roundabout close to Worzals Farm Shop.
A police spokesman said: “Five people with minor injuries were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital as a precaution.
“The road is closed whilst recovery works are taking place.”
The X1 bus service, run by First Group, has been suspended between Peterborough and Norwich due to safety concerns regarding the extremely high winds.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesperson for First Eastern Counties said: “We can confirm that one of our double deck vehicles overturned on the A47 between Wisbech and Peterborough at around 1.15pm this afternoon.
“We immediately implemented our emergency procedures and mobilised our incident response team to the scene to provide support to those involved and the emergency services.
- 1 Independent cinema forced to cancel film screenings due to vandalism
- 2 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'Off they go!' - family friends cycle from Wales to Wisbech
- 5 Fundraiser launched for funeral of woman who died of Covid-19
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Freemasons donate £500 each to two local charities
- 8 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
“The safety of our employees and our customers is our highest priority and due to the worsening weather conditions we have suspended service on the X1 route between Norwich and Peterborough until weather conditions improve.”