Five hurt after Storm Doris blows over a bus in Walton Highway near Wisbech - bus also thought to have hit lamp post
- Credit: Archant
A double decker bus overturned in strong winds in Walton Highway leaving passengers with minor injuries.
Police were called to the scene around 1.25pm after the X1 bus was blown over near the roundabout close to Worzals Farm Shop.
A police spokesman said: “Five people with minor injuries were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital as a precaution.
“The road is closed whilst recovery works are taking place.”
The X1 bus service, run by First Group, has been suspended between Peterborough and Norwich due to safety concerns regarding the extremely high winds.
Spokesperson for First Eastern Counties said: “We can confirm that one of our double deck vehicles overturned on the A47 between Wisbech and Peterborough at around 1.15pm this afternoon.
“We immediately implemented our emergency procedures and mobilised our incident response team to the scene to provide support to those involved and the emergency services.
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 4 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 7 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 10 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
“The safety of our employees and our customers is our highest priority and due to the worsening weather conditions we have suspended service on the X1 route between Norwich and Peterborough until weather conditions improve.”