Five hurt after Storm Doris blows over a bus in Walton Highway near Wisbech - bus also thought to have hit lamp post
- Credit: Archant
A double decker bus overturned in strong winds in Walton Highway leaving passengers with minor injuries.
Police were called to the scene around 1.25pm after the X1 bus was blown over near the roundabout close to Worzals Farm Shop.
A police spokesman said: “Five people with minor injuries were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital as a precaution.
“The road is closed whilst recovery works are taking place.”
The X1 bus service, run by First Group, has been suspended between Peterborough and Norwich due to safety concerns regarding the extremely high winds.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesperson for First Eastern Counties said: “We can confirm that one of our double deck vehicles overturned on the A47 between Wisbech and Peterborough at around 1.15pm this afternoon.
“We immediately implemented our emergency procedures and mobilised our incident response team to the scene to provide support to those involved and the emergency services.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 9 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
“The safety of our employees and our customers is our highest priority and due to the worsening weather conditions we have suspended service on the X1 route between Norwich and Peterborough until weather conditions improve.”