Wisbech bandstand concert kicks off free live music season
- Credit: Kim Taylor
The glorious weather finally arrived in time for the first Friends of Wisbech Bandstand concert of the season.
It is estimated up to 200 people enjoyed the free live music around the bandstand in Wisbech Park on Sunday afternoon (May 30).
For the first concert, everyone enjoyed music from Cambridge-based band ‘Run for Cover’ who were supported by solo singer Lloydy Moon.
Both played many well-known hits in their sets, including ‘Valerie’ by the Zutons and later covered by Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse, Neil Diamond’s ‘Sweet Caroline’ and George Ezra’s ‘Shotgun’.
Friends of Wisbech Bandstand arrange free concerts and the costs are covered by sponsors.
You may also want to watch:
The crowd is encouraged bring their own deckchairs and make the most of the live music. Bygones cafe also delivers meals to the park.
The next event will be held on June 27 between 2pm and 4:30pm. The band Krusty Whiskas will be supported by John Bryans.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 6 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 9 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in hospital for first time since August
Information about future events is available on the Friends of Wisbech Bandstand Facebook page.