First photos from £100,000 cannabis factory found in Wisbech - equipment destroyed and plants seized but no arrests
- Credit: Archant
Police released first images of a £100,000 drugs bust in Wisbech on Monday afternoon.
A police spokesman said they found a cannabis factory in Princes Road, Wisbech, at around 2pm “and it was in response to intelligence.”
“About 200 plants at various stages of growth were found spread across all rooms in the house.”
Police estimated the plants to be worth around £100,000.
The spokesman said the find has “disrupted cannabis supply. There is evidence of large scale cannabis production.”
You may also want to watch:
Police say they have dismantled much of the equipment needed to grow and supply cannabis.
“A large quantity of cannabis in various stages of growth has been recovered,” said the spokesman.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad
So far there have been arrests “but investigations continue.”