First photos from £100,000 cannabis factory found in Wisbech - equipment destroyed and plants seized but no arrests
- Credit: Archant
Police released first images of a £100,000 drugs bust in Wisbech on Monday afternoon.
A police spokesman said they found a cannabis factory in Princes Road, Wisbech, at around 2pm “and it was in response to intelligence.”
“About 200 plants at various stages of growth were found spread across all rooms in the house.”
Police estimated the plants to be worth around £100,000.
The spokesman said the find has “disrupted cannabis supply. There is evidence of large scale cannabis production.”
Police say they have dismantled much of the equipment needed to grow and supply cannabis.
“A large quantity of cannabis in various stages of growth has been recovered,” said the spokesman.
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 8 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 9 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
So far there have been arrests “but investigations continue.”