First photos from £100,000 cannabis factory found in Wisbech - equipment destroyed and plants seized but no arrests
- Credit: Archant
Police released first images of a £100,000 drugs bust in Wisbech on Monday afternoon.
A police spokesman said they found a cannabis factory in Princes Road, Wisbech, at around 2pm “and it was in response to intelligence.”
“About 200 plants at various stages of growth were found spread across all rooms in the house.”
Police estimated the plants to be worth around £100,000.
The spokesman said the find has “disrupted cannabis supply. There is evidence of large scale cannabis production.”
You may also want to watch:
Police say they have dismantled much of the equipment needed to grow and supply cannabis.
“A large quantity of cannabis in various stages of growth has been recovered,” said the spokesman.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
So far there have been arrests “but investigations continue.”