Firefighters tackle two blazes in Wisbech in the space of 10 minutes

PUBLISHED: 14:25 24 November 2011

Fire Service, Cambs, STOCK

Fire Service, Cambs, STOCK


FIREFIGHTERS tackled two accidental blazes in the space of 10 minutes in Wisbech last night.

One crew was called to an unattended bonfire near flats next to Boyces Road at 8.40pm and extinguished the blaze in 10 minutes.

Within seconds two crews from the town were called to a fire in a flat in Kinderley Road and arrived to find a grill pan alight which had been left unattended.

A fire service spokesman said: “If you have a bonfire, ensure that you stay with it at all times and keep a bucket of water or a hosepipe handy, just in case it starts to spread.
“Cooking should also never be left unattended, even for a moment as it doesn’t take long for a fire to start.”

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Wisbech Standard. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Wisbech Standard