Firefighters issue safety warning after out-of-control bonfire in Wisbech St Mary

FIREFIGHTERS have issued a safety warning after an out-of-control bonfire spread to bushes and trees in Wisbech St Mary yesterday.

One crew from Wisbech were called to the blaze at Panswell Lane at 5.30pm.

Firefighters discovered a bonfire which was out of control and had spread to surrounding bushes and trees. They used one hose reel to extinguish the blaze.

A fire service spokesman said: “Bonfires can very easily spread and should never be left unattended or built too close to anything flammable such as bushes, trees or fences.”

The cause of the fire was accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus