Firefighters called to chimney fire in Parson Drove, caused by soot and debris build-up

SMOULDERING soot and debris in a chimney prompted a visit by firefighters to a home in Parson Drove yesterday (Monday). Firefighters were called to reports of a chimney fire in Long Drove at about 2pm. They used chimney gear to extinguish the fire and wer

SMOULDERING soot and debris in a chimney prompted a visit by firefighters to a home in Parson Drove yesterday (Monday).

Firefighters were called to reports of a chimney fire in Long Drove at about 2pm.

They used chimney gear to extinguish the fire and were back at base by 4pm.

John Chelton, watch manager at Wisbech fire station, said: "We would recommend all residents with open fires to ensure that they have their chimneys swept at least once a year, and that they inspect the brickwork of the chimney to ensure that there are no cracks or bricks missing.


You may also want to watch:


"Above all, residents need to ensure that they have a working smoke alarm so that if a fire does occur, it is quickly detected and everyone is able to get out of the home safely.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter