Two industrial buildings hit by blaze near Murrow
- Credit: Archant
Around 20 firefighters tackled a large fire at two buildings in Murrow today (Friday, April 24).
Crews from the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to Seadyke Bank just before 2pm this afternoon to deal with the blaze, which hit two industrial buildings at GB Autos.
A spokesperson for the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 1.56pm on Friday, crews were called to a fire on Seadyke Bank in Murrow.
“Around 20 firefighters, including crews from Wisbech, March and Holbeach in Lincolnshire attended the incident.
“Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire involving two industrial buildings. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and jets.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
You may also want to watch:
Earlier today, police had closed off the road. Writing on their Facebook page, a spokesperson for Policing Fenland said: “Seadyke Bank will remain closed for a number of hours.
“Please avoid the area and stay inside.”
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 9 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 10 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs