Two industrial buildings hit by blaze near Murrow
- Credit: Archant
Around 20 firefighters tackled a large fire at two buildings in Murrow today (Friday, April 24).
Crews from the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to Seadyke Bank just before 2pm this afternoon to deal with the blaze, which hit two industrial buildings at GB Autos.
A spokesperson for the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 1.56pm on Friday, crews were called to a fire on Seadyke Bank in Murrow.
“Around 20 firefighters, including crews from Wisbech, March and Holbeach in Lincolnshire attended the incident.
“Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire involving two industrial buildings. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and jets.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
You may also want to watch:
Earlier today, police had closed off the road. Writing on their Facebook page, a spokesperson for Policing Fenland said: “Seadyke Bank will remain closed for a number of hours.
“Please avoid the area and stay inside.”
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 4 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 8 Cambridgeshire care homes back compulsory Covid-19 jabs for staff
- 9 Urgent police appeal to find man missing since Thursday
- 10 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed