Campervan written off after it accidentally catches fire
- Credit: Archant
A prized campervan was written off when it became engulfed in flames.
The campervan was in Barton Road, Wisbech, on Saturday when fire broke out.
“We arrived to find a van well alight and extinguished it using hose reels,” said a fire service spokesman.
The crews arrived just after 2.30.pm and stayed for more than an hour dousing the flames and making it safe.
The spokesman added: “The cause of the fire was accidental.”
You may also want to watch:
The Caravan and Motorhome Club of Great Britain says that fires are extremely rare in caravans and motorhomes, but in the event of a fire emergency, it’s critical to know what to do.”
Evacuate quickly is the first piece of advice and always remember to keep a fire extinguisher.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
“The first thing to do is to get everyone out as quickly as possible,” says the club. “Only after everyone is safely outside should you worry about tackling the fire and saving your possessions.”