Campervan written off after it accidentally catches fire
- Credit: Archant
A prized campervan was written off when it became engulfed in flames.
The campervan was in Barton Road, Wisbech, on Saturday when fire broke out.
“We arrived to find a van well alight and extinguished it using hose reels,” said a fire service spokesman.
The crews arrived just after 2.30.pm and stayed for more than an hour dousing the flames and making it safe.
The spokesman added: “The cause of the fire was accidental.”
You may also want to watch:
The Caravan and Motorhome Club of Great Britain says that fires are extremely rare in caravans and motorhomes, but in the event of a fire emergency, it’s critical to know what to do.”
Evacuate quickly is the first piece of advice and always remember to keep a fire extinguisher.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 3 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 8 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
“The first thing to do is to get everyone out as quickly as possible,” says the club. “Only after everyone is safely outside should you worry about tackling the fire and saving your possessions.”