Boxing Day blaze rips through first floor flat
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
A man was treated by ambulance staff after a fire ripped through a flat in Wisbech.
Fire crews from both Cambridgeshire and Norfolk were called to the blaze on Awdry Drive in Wisbech on Boxing Day.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “At 10.21pm on Sunday, crews from Wisbech and March, along with crews from West Walton and Outwell, were called to a fire on Awdry Drive.
“Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire in a first floor flat in a mid-terraced building.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 1.15am.”
The spokesperson added: “A male casualty was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene and left in the care of ambulance crews.”
The cause of fire was accidental.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 3 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 4 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 5 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 10 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss