Fire now under control but confirmation that the church at March has been 100 per cent destroyed
THIS was the graphic scene at St Mary s Church, Westry, March, just a short time ago. The fire is now under control. Four crews now remain on the site damping down. The church has been 100 per cent destroyed by fire, apart from the exterior brickwork. Th
THIS was the graphic scene at St Mary's Church, Westry, March, just a short time ago.
The fire is now under control. Four crews now remain on the site damping down.
The church has been 100 per cent destroyed by fire, apart from the exterior brickwork. The building is also believed to be structurally unsound.
A fire investigation is now underway, together with crime scene investigators from police, although the fire is being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone saw anything suspicious in the area of the church between the hours of 10pm last night and 10am today, they are urged to contact Det Con Simon Rust at Wisbech CID on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims