Fire now under control but confirmation that the church at March has been 100 per cent destroyed
THIS was the graphic scene at St Mary s Church, Westry, March, just a short time ago. The fire is now under control. Four crews now remain on the site damping down. The church has been 100 per cent destroyed by fire, apart from the exterior brickwork. Th
THIS was the graphic scene at St Mary's Church, Westry, March, just a short time ago.
The fire is now under control. Four crews now remain on the site damping down.
The church has been 100 per cent destroyed by fire, apart from the exterior brickwork. The building is also believed to be structurally unsound.
A fire investigation is now underway, together with crime scene investigators from police, although the fire is being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone saw anything suspicious in the area of the church between the hours of 10pm last night and 10am today, they are urged to contact Det Con Simon Rust at Wisbech CID on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka