Fire now under control but confirmation that the church at March has been 100 per cent destroyed
THIS was the graphic scene at St Mary s Church, Westry, March, just a short time ago. The fire is now under control. Four crews now remain on the site damping down. The church has been 100 per cent destroyed by fire, apart from the exterior brickwork. Th
THIS was the graphic scene at St Mary's Church, Westry, March, just a short time ago.
The fire is now under control. Four crews now remain on the site damping down.
The church has been 100 per cent destroyed by fire, apart from the exterior brickwork. The building is also believed to be structurally unsound.
A fire investigation is now underway, together with crime scene investigators from police, although the fire is being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone saw anything suspicious in the area of the church between the hours of 10pm last night and 10am today, they are urged to contact Det Con Simon Rust at Wisbech CID on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 7 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 8 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide