FIRE FIGHTERS TACKLE BLAZE AT FISH AND CHIP SHOP IN NENE PARADE, MARCH
TWENTY firefighters are currently tackling a fire at a chip shop in March. The fire was reported at around 11.17am. Three crews are battling to bring the blaze under control at the Riverside Caf�, Nene Parade, March. A spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire Fire
TWENTY firefighters are currently tackling a fire at a chip shop in March.
The fire was reported at around 11.17am.
Three crews are battling to bring the blaze under control at the Riverside Caf�, Nene Parade, March.
A spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said that one person had been rescued from the flat above by firefighters.
You may also want to watch:
But at this stage no further information is available.
Eyewitnesses said the fire appeared to be coming from one of the fryers in the shop.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
Firefighters entered the building, but then retreated.
They then smashed the front windows of the shop in order to tackle the fire from the pavement.
It is understood crews from March, Chatteris, Whittlesey and Wisbech are at the scene.
The next door hairdressers was evacuated and staff removed stock and chairs from the building.
Flats above the building were also evacuated.
Smoke has been billowing across the town.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus are tackling the fire using two hose reels and two dry powder extinguishers.
It is understood that the owners of the chip shop have only been at the premises for a few months.
More details to follow on this website.