FIRE FIGHTERS TACKLE BLAZE AT FISH AND CHIP SHOP IN NENE PARADE, MARCH
TWENTY firefighters are currently tackling a fire at a chip shop in March. The fire was reported at around 11.17am. Three crews are battling to bring the blaze under control at the Riverside Caf�, Nene Parade, March. A spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire Fire
TWENTY firefighters are currently tackling a fire at a chip shop in March.
The fire was reported at around 11.17am.
Three crews are battling to bring the blaze under control at the Riverside Caf�, Nene Parade, March.
A spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said that one person had been rescued from the flat above by firefighters.
You may also want to watch:
But at this stage no further information is available.
Eyewitnesses said the fire appeared to be coming from one of the fryers in the shop.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
Firefighters entered the building, but then retreated.
They then smashed the front windows of the shop in order to tackle the fire from the pavement.
It is understood crews from March, Chatteris, Whittlesey and Wisbech are at the scene.
The next door hairdressers was evacuated and staff removed stock and chairs from the building.
Flats above the building were also evacuated.
Smoke has been billowing across the town.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus are tackling the fire using two hose reels and two dry powder extinguishers.
It is understood that the owners of the chip shop have only been at the premises for a few months.
More details to follow on this website.