FIRE FIGHTERS TACKLE BLAZE AT FISH AND CHIP SHOP IN NENE PARADE, MARCH
TWENTY firefighters are currently tackling a fire at a chip shop in March. The fire was reported at around 11.17am. Three crews are battling to bring the blaze under control at the Riverside Caf�, Nene Parade, March. A spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire Fire
TWENTY firefighters are currently tackling a fire at a chip shop in March.
The fire was reported at around 11.17am.
Three crews are battling to bring the blaze under control at the Riverside Caf�, Nene Parade, March.
A spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said that one person had been rescued from the flat above by firefighters.
You may also want to watch:
But at this stage no further information is available.
Eyewitnesses said the fire appeared to be coming from one of the fryers in the shop.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 5 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 8 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 9 Family of man who died at quarry plead with people not to swim
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour
Firefighters entered the building, but then retreated.
They then smashed the front windows of the shop in order to tackle the fire from the pavement.
It is understood crews from March, Chatteris, Whittlesey and Wisbech are at the scene.
The next door hairdressers was evacuated and staff removed stock and chairs from the building.
Flats above the building were also evacuated.
Smoke has been billowing across the town.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus are tackling the fire using two hose reels and two dry powder extinguishers.
It is understood that the owners of the chip shop have only been at the premises for a few months.
More details to follow on this website.