FIRE FIGHTERS TACKLE BLAZE AT FISH AND CHIP SHOP IN NENE PARADE, MARCH
TWENTY firefighters are currently tackling a fire at a chip shop in March. The fire was reported at around 11.17am. Three crews are battling to bring the blaze under control at the Riverside Caf�, Nene Parade, March. A spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire Fire
TWENTY firefighters are currently tackling a fire at a chip shop in March.
The fire was reported at around 11.17am.
Three crews are battling to bring the blaze under control at the Riverside Caf�, Nene Parade, March.
A spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said that one person had been rescued from the flat above by firefighters.
You may also want to watch:
But at this stage no further information is available.
Eyewitnesses said the fire appeared to be coming from one of the fryers in the shop.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 9 Historic building owners urged to use grant scheme before it’s too late
Firefighters entered the building, but then retreated.
They then smashed the front windows of the shop in order to tackle the fire from the pavement.
It is understood crews from March, Chatteris, Whittlesey and Wisbech are at the scene.
The next door hairdressers was evacuated and staff removed stock and chairs from the building.
Flats above the building were also evacuated.
Smoke has been billowing across the town.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus are tackling the fire using two hose reels and two dry powder extinguishers.
It is understood that the owners of the chip shop have only been at the premises for a few months.
More details to follow on this website.