Fire destroys camper van on outskirts of Wisbech in what is thought to be late night arson attack
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of pounds of damage were caused when a camper van was set alight near Wisbech last night.
Emergency services were quickly on the scene in Wheatley Bank, Walsoken.
Fire crews from Wisbech and Kings Lynn attended.
Breathing apparatus was used to check for anyone who might have been in the burnt out vehicle.
The alarm was raised shortly before 10pm but no further details have been released.
You may also want to watch:
A Wisbech Standard reader kindly provided the photo of the camper van in flames – and took a later picture today of the burnt out wreck.
One local councillor described the arson attack was “madness”.
- 1 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 10 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists