Fire destroys camper van on outskirts of Wisbech in what is thought to be late night arson attack
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of pounds of damage were caused when a camper van was set alight near Wisbech last night.
Emergency services were quickly on the scene in Wheatley Bank, Walsoken.
Fire crews from Wisbech and Kings Lynn attended.
Breathing apparatus was used to check for anyone who might have been in the burnt out vehicle.
The alarm was raised shortly before 10pm but no further details have been released.
You may also want to watch:
A Wisbech Standard reader kindly provided the photo of the camper van in flames – and took a later picture today of the burnt out wreck.
One local councillor described the arson attack was “madness”.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 5 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink