Fire destroys camper van on outskirts of Wisbech in what is thought to be late night arson attack
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of pounds of damage were caused when a camper van was set alight near Wisbech last night.
Emergency services were quickly on the scene in Wheatley Bank, Walsoken.
Fire crews from Wisbech and Kings Lynn attended.
Breathing apparatus was used to check for anyone who might have been in the burnt out vehicle.
The alarm was raised shortly before 10pm but no further details have been released.
You may also want to watch:
A Wisbech Standard reader kindly provided the photo of the camper van in flames – and took a later picture today of the burnt out wreck.
One local councillor described the arson attack was “madness”.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 6 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 7 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 8 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 9 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart