Fire destroys camper van on outskirts of Wisbech in what is thought to be late night arson attack
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of pounds of damage were caused when a camper van was set alight near Wisbech last night.
Emergency services were quickly on the scene in Wheatley Bank, Walsoken.
Fire crews from Wisbech and Kings Lynn attended.
Breathing apparatus was used to check for anyone who might have been in the burnt out vehicle.
The alarm was raised shortly before 10pm but no further details have been released.
You may also want to watch:
A Wisbech Standard reader kindly provided the photo of the camper van in flames – and took a later picture today of the burnt out wreck.
One local councillor described the arson attack was “madness”.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter