Fire crews issue warning after chimney fire in Sunnyside, Leverington
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews issued a warning after they were called to a chimney fire in Sunnyside, Leverington on December 23.
Firefighters from Wisbech arrived to find a well-developed fire in the chimney of a two-storey detached house at around 1.45pm.
They extinguished the fire and provided the owners of the house with a home fire safety check.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year.
“This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
The crews returned to their stations by 9.30pm.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 6 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 7 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 8 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 9 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
- 10 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift