Fire crews issue warning after chimney fire in Sunnyside, Leverington
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews issued a warning after they were called to a chimney fire in Sunnyside, Leverington on December 23.
Firefighters from Wisbech arrived to find a well-developed fire in the chimney of a two-storey detached house at around 1.45pm.
They extinguished the fire and provided the owners of the house with a home fire safety check.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year.
“This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
You may also want to watch:
The crews returned to their stations by 9.30pm.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 5 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 6 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 7 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start