Fire crews issue warning after chimney fire in Sunnyside, Leverington
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews issued a warning after they were called to a chimney fire in Sunnyside, Leverington on December 23.
Firefighters from Wisbech arrived to find a well-developed fire in the chimney of a two-storey detached house at around 1.45pm.
They extinguished the fire and provided the owners of the house with a home fire safety check.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year.
“This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
The crews returned to their stations by 9.30pm.