Fire crews issue warning after chimney fire in Sunnyside, Leverington
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews issued a warning after they were called to a chimney fire in Sunnyside, Leverington on December 23.
Firefighters from Wisbech arrived to find a well-developed fire in the chimney of a two-storey detached house at around 1.45pm.
They extinguished the fire and provided the owners of the house with a home fire safety check.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year.
“This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
You may also want to watch:
The crews returned to their stations by 9.30pm.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 8 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide