Fire crews issue warning after chimney fire in Sunnyside, Leverington
PUBLISHED: 11:57 28 December 2016 | UPDATED: 11:58 28 December 2016
Fire crews issued a warning after they were called to a chimney fire in Sunnyside, Leverington on December 23.
Firefighters from Wisbech arrived to find a well-developed fire in the chimney of a two-storey detached house at around 1.45pm.
They extinguished the fire and provided the owners of the house with a home fire safety check.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year.
“This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
The crews returned to their stations by 9.30pm.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Wisbech Standard. Click the link in the orange box above for details.