Fire breaks out in bedroom of Leverington home

A FIREFIGHTER praised the actions of a resident whose house in Leverington caught fire today.

The fire, thought to have caused by water dripping onto a central heating valve, broke out in a bedroom of a two-storey house.

Two fire crews from Wisbech were called to the Sutton Road home at 2.30pm. They extiguished the fire before ventilating the property.

Rob Wabe, crew commander at Wisbech said: “There were a lot of clothes being stored in the airing cupboard which increases the risk of a fire.

“However, on hearing the smoke alarm the occupant shut the door, left the house and dialled 999 immediately which was exactly the right thing to do.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus