Fire breaks out in bedroom of Leverington home

PUBLISHED: 18:28 16 November 2011

Fire

Fire

Archant

A FIREFIGHTER praised the actions of a resident whose house in Leverington caught fire today.

The fire, thought to have caused by water dripping onto a central heating valve, broke out in a bedroom of a two-storey house.

Two fire crews from Wisbech were called to the Sutton Road home at 2.30pm. They extiguished the fire before ventilating the property.

Rob Wabe, crew commander at Wisbech said: “There were a lot of clothes being stored in the airing cupboard which increases the risk of a fire.

“However, on hearing the smoke alarm the occupant shut the door, left the house and dialled 999 immediately which was exactly the right thing to do.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Wisbech Standard. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Most Read

Latest from the Wisbech Standard