Large North Brink building goes up in flames at 3am in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant/File
A large Fen building went up in flames at the weekend and left firefighters tackling the blaze for more than four hours.
The fire started at the building, measuring 15 x 20 meters, at North Brink in Wisbech at around 3am on Sunday, December 8.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "A crew from Wisbech, one crew from March and one crew from West Walton were called to the fire.
"Crews arrived to find a fire in a building measuring 15 x 20 metres.
"Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used three jets and one hose reel to extinguish the fire before returning to their stations by 7.20am.
You may also want to watch:
"The incident was later reinspected. The cause of the fire was accidental."
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 4 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 5 Showcase status for Academy
- 6 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 7 Drug dealer who led class A drugs line caught in police sting
- 8 Baby abuse among paedophile’s 290,000 indecent images of children
- 9 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 10 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul