Fifteen floral displays at Emmanuel Church flower festival in Parson Drove
- Credit: Archant
Explore one of Cambridgeshire’s quaintest churches when Emmanuel Church in Parson Drove hosts a flower festival next weekend.
Church stalwarts Isabelle Johnson and Casey Bates will lead a group of women in transforming the church – which was built in 1873 - with 15 floral displays based on the theme of ‘anniversaries’.
Mrs Bates said: “We chose that theme because I celebrate my golden wedding anniversary in January and Isabelle and her husband celebrate theirs in October.
“We used to have flower festivals years ago and we recently joined the church choir,” she added.
“We’ve never organised a flower festival before, but hopefully it’ll go well and bring more people into the church and the congregation.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got Wisbech flower arranger Ann Purt and Volmary – formerly Delamore Young Plants - on board, too. And we’ve been round the village asking local businesses to sponsor us.
The flower festival runs from 10am until 4pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There will be tea, coffee, refreshments and a raffle. Money raised will go towards the upkeep of the church.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March
On the Sunday, a choral performance of Evensong will bring the festival to a close.
Admission is free and there will be parking space outside the church.
For more information contact Casey Bates on 01945 700276.