Fifteen floral displays at Emmanuel Church flower festival in Parson Drove
- Credit: Archant
Explore one of Cambridgeshire’s quaintest churches when Emmanuel Church in Parson Drove hosts a flower festival next weekend.
Church stalwarts Isabelle Johnson and Casey Bates will lead a group of women in transforming the church – which was built in 1873 - with 15 floral displays based on the theme of ‘anniversaries’.
Mrs Bates said: “We chose that theme because I celebrate my golden wedding anniversary in January and Isabelle and her husband celebrate theirs in October.
“We used to have flower festivals years ago and we recently joined the church choir,” she added.
“We’ve never organised a flower festival before, but hopefully it’ll go well and bring more people into the church and the congregation.
“We’ve got Wisbech flower arranger Ann Purt and Volmary – formerly Delamore Young Plants - on board, too. And we’ve been round the village asking local businesses to sponsor us.
The flower festival runs from 10am until 4pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There will be tea, coffee, refreshments and a raffle. Money raised will go towards the upkeep of the church.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
On the Sunday, a choral performance of Evensong will bring the festival to a close.
Admission is free and there will be parking space outside the church.
For more information contact Casey Bates on 01945 700276.