Fifteen floral displays at Emmanuel Church flower festival in Parson Drove
- Credit: Archant
Explore one of Cambridgeshire’s quaintest churches when Emmanuel Church in Parson Drove hosts a flower festival next weekend.
Church stalwarts Isabelle Johnson and Casey Bates will lead a group of women in transforming the church – which was built in 1873 - with 15 floral displays based on the theme of ‘anniversaries’.
Mrs Bates said: “We chose that theme because I celebrate my golden wedding anniversary in January and Isabelle and her husband celebrate theirs in October.
“We used to have flower festivals years ago and we recently joined the church choir,” she added.
“We’ve never organised a flower festival before, but hopefully it’ll go well and bring more people into the church and the congregation.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got Wisbech flower arranger Ann Purt and Volmary – formerly Delamore Young Plants - on board, too. And we’ve been round the village asking local businesses to sponsor us.
The flower festival runs from 10am until 4pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There will be tea, coffee, refreshments and a raffle. Money raised will go towards the upkeep of the church.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 10 HMO plans submitted for village pub
On the Sunday, a choral performance of Evensong will bring the festival to a close.
Admission is free and there will be parking space outside the church.
For more information contact Casey Bates on 01945 700276.