Three seriously injured after horse box and car collide
- Credit: Archant
Three people were taken to hospital last night (Saturday) with serious injuries following a collision in the Fens between a horse box and a car.
The collision happened at just after 6pm on Gull Road, Guyhirn, after a car was involved in a collision with the horse box.
A statement from Fenland Police said three people were taken to Peterborough City Hospital “with serious but not life threatening” injuries whilst a fourth person was also taken to hospital with minor injuries.
Police said crews from Cambs Fire & Rescue, East of England Ambulance Service and the Magpas Air Ambulance medical team attended.
“Both vehicles were recovered at the scene,” said the police spokesman. “There were no horses in the vehicle at the time of the collision.”
Police have launched a witness appeal following the collision.
“Did you witness this collision or the driving prior to the collision?” said the spokesman.
- 1 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 7 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 8 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
If you did see the collision please call 101 and quote incident CC-06102018-0387.
“Inquiries are continuing.” said the spokesman.