Fens chosen as one of the locations for Four Weddings and a Funeral inspired film but this time about the dating game
As amateur dramatic productions go, it is certainly an ambitious one.
Shunning the traditional village hall staging of an old theatre classic, one group of acting enthusiasts have announced plans to film their own romantic comedy.
The production, Forever Your Rose, follows the travails of Jack Green, a multi-millionaire, who ventures into the dating scene of the Fens and west Norfolk.
It has been inspired by Richard Curtis films such as Four Weddings and a Funeral, and Notting Hill.
Auditions took place this weekend and filming is expected within weeks, using locations in Hunstanton, King’s Lynn and the Fens.
You may also want to watch:
The team behind the project wants to bring local amateur dramatics away from the theatre to the big screen.
Some major roles have been cast, including Jack. He will be played by Stephan Genovese, who wrote the screenplay, and has worked as a professional actor.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 10 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
The vast majority of the roles, however, filled by amateurs.
Natalie Mills, who will play Jack’s close friend Rose, said: “He knows he’s big and not the greatest looking guy – but we think he’s lovely and cuddly.
“It is a romantic comedy, after all, and this is going to be a really fun project to work on.
“It’s such an exciting project to be involved with. We’re all volunteers – nobody gets paid – but we’re all passionate about making this happen.”
The producers are also looking for locations, volunteer crew members and helpers for behind the scenes, as filming is scheduled to start in May.
The entire project is being co-ordinated by the Holbeach Film Company and some filming is being planned around the South Holland area of Lincolnshire.
Auditions will be held at the Women’s Institute Hall, Park Road, Holbeach on Saturday. More information is available at the Forever Your Rose Facebook page.