Wisbech Town FC reignite development plans with new seats
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town FC continue to reignite their development plans on and off the pitch after the addition of new seating.
The Fenmen bought around 180 seats from Boston United’s York Street ground, as well as frames to install at the Elgoods Fenland Stadium.
Wisbech chairman Paul Brenchley confirmed the purchase on social media, and although he said the seats won’t be in place until next year, the move was welcomed by Fenmen supporters.
Writing on social media, Mr Brenchley said: “I have bought the seats and frames from Boston United. Not sure where they can be sited, but it was at a price I could not turn down.”
As well as making improvements to the playing turf and further plans to restructure the clubhouse, the club announced they will be fielding both a reserve and youth team for the 2020-21 season.
You may also want to watch:
Former Fenmen player Lee Brooks will coach the reserves alongside Danny Paynter, while Paul Clarke has been named as the under 13s coach as well as director of football.
The reserves will feature in the Peterborough and District League, while the under 13s will play in the Mid Norfolk League.
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 4 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 10 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim