First team self-isolate after player tests positive for Covid-19
Wisbech Town FC’s first-team squad and management team are self-isolating after one of the group members tested positive for Covid-19.
The member began to show coronavirus symptoms on Saturday, October 24 following their Northern Premier League South East Division game at Loughborough Dynamo.
In a statement, the Fenmen, who have no fixture this weekend, said the group will now self-isolate until Sunday, November 8.
The statement read: “On Saturday evening, one of the first team group began to display mild symptoms of Covid-19, which was later confirmed by a positive test result.
“Following consultation with the Northern Premier League the decision has been made to cease all first team activity.
“The squad and management team are now self-isolating in line with government guidelines until Sunday, November 8.”
The statement added: “With there being no league game this Saturday, the only match affected by this is the trip to Stocksbridge Park Steels on Saturday, November 7 which has been postponed to a later date.”
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000