First team self-isolate after player tests positive for Covid-19
Wisbech Town FC’s first-team squad and management team are self-isolating after one of the group members tested positive for Covid-19.
The member began to show coronavirus symptoms on Saturday, October 24 following their Northern Premier League South East Division game at Loughborough Dynamo.
In a statement, the Fenmen, who have no fixture this weekend, said the group will now self-isolate until Sunday, November 8.
The statement read: “On Saturday evening, one of the first team group began to display mild symptoms of Covid-19, which was later confirmed by a positive test result.
“Following consultation with the Northern Premier League the decision has been made to cease all first team activity.
“The squad and management team are now self-isolating in line with government guidelines until Sunday, November 8.”
The statement added: “With there being no league game this Saturday, the only match affected by this is the trip to Stocksbridge Park Steels on Saturday, November 7 which has been postponed to a later date.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets