First team self-isolate after player tests positive for Covid-19
Wisbech Town FC’s first-team squad and management team are self-isolating after one of the group members tested positive for Covid-19.
The member began to show coronavirus symptoms on Saturday, October 24 following their Northern Premier League South East Division game at Loughborough Dynamo.
In a statement, the Fenmen, who have no fixture this weekend, said the group will now self-isolate until Sunday, November 8.
The statement read: “On Saturday evening, one of the first team group began to display mild symptoms of Covid-19, which was later confirmed by a positive test result.
“Following consultation with the Northern Premier League the decision has been made to cease all first team activity.
“The squad and management team are now self-isolating in line with government guidelines until Sunday, November 8.”
The statement added: “With there being no league game this Saturday, the only match affected by this is the trip to Stocksbridge Park Steels on Saturday, November 7 which has been postponed to a later date.”
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary