Fenmarc staff present nearly �2,750 to Sue Ryder Care after Big Wigs Challenge
NEARLY �2,750 was presented to Sue Ryder Care by Fenmarc Produce, to mark the end of a two-month fundraising campaign. Staff at the March-based factory stepped up to the charity s Big Wigs Challenge by holding various events – including a charity football
NEARLY �2,750 was presented to Sue Ryder Care by Fenmarc Produce, to mark the end of a two-month fundraising campaign.
Staff at the March-based factory stepped up to the charity's Big Wigs Challenge by holding various events - including a charity football tournament - and by taking part in a 10km midnight walk.
In total, �2,742.12 was raised for the charity's Thorpe Hall Hospice in Peterborough.
Emma Long, Sue Ryder Care fundraiser from Thorpe Hall, visited Fenmarc last Thursday to accept the cheque.
You may also want to watch:
Kristi Glowacki, Fenmarc's training administrator who organised the campaign and presented the cheque, said: "The Sue Ryder Big Wigs challenge has truly been a challenge especially in the current economic climate.
"But, with the support and enthusiasm from the Fenmarc front office team and generous suppliers in the area, we have made a fantastic amount of money for this fantastic local charity which could affect any one of us and had some fun at the same time.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
"We are really pleased to have helped Thorpe Hall Hospice. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved for their help and support."
Emma said: “This is a fantastic amount of money to be raised through Big Wigs and will really help us here at the hospice.
“This is a great example of how a local business can support us, and we hope more will take up fundraising activities.”