FENLAND: Work gets under way on building the district's first crematorium
WORK has started on building the March Crematorium and it should be open for the first cremation service within 12 months. Mercia Crematoria – the leading UK specialist developers of crematoria, and Dignity – the largest operator of Crematoria in the UK –
WORK has started on building the March Crematorium and it should be open for the first cremation service within 12 months.
Mercia Crematoria - the leading UK specialist developers of crematoria, and Dignity - the largest operator of Crematoria in the UK - are forging ahead with their multi-million pound investment.
Dignity has acquired the site off Knights End Road and last week signed an unconditional contract for Mercia to build Fenland's crematorium.
Permitted development works have already started on the site while the developers are busy discharging the planning conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Mercia believes the doors will be open within a year and Dignity has confirmed its commitment to serving the whole of Fenland for the chosen location in March.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 10 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden