FENLAND: Work gets under way on building the district's first crematorium
WORK has started on building the March Crematorium and it should be open for the first cremation service within 12 months. Mercia Crematoria – the leading UK specialist developers of crematoria, and Dignity – the largest operator of Crematoria in the UK –
WORK has started on building the March Crematorium and it should be open for the first cremation service within 12 months.
Mercia Crematoria - the leading UK specialist developers of crematoria, and Dignity - the largest operator of Crematoria in the UK - are forging ahead with their multi-million pound investment.
Dignity has acquired the site off Knights End Road and last week signed an unconditional contract for Mercia to build Fenland's crematorium.
Permitted development works have already started on the site while the developers are busy discharging the planning conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Mercia believes the doors will be open within a year and Dignity has confirmed its commitment to serving the whole of Fenland for the chosen location in March.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide