FENLAND: Work gets under way on building the district's first crematorium
WORK has started on building the March Crematorium and it should be open for the first cremation service within 12 months. Mercia Crematoria – the leading UK specialist developers of crematoria, and Dignity – the largest operator of Crematoria in the UK –
WORK has started on building the March Crematorium and it should be open for the first cremation service within 12 months.
Mercia Crematoria - the leading UK specialist developers of crematoria, and Dignity - the largest operator of Crematoria in the UK - are forging ahead with their multi-million pound investment.
Dignity has acquired the site off Knights End Road and last week signed an unconditional contract for Mercia to build Fenland's crematorium.
Permitted development works have already started on the site while the developers are busy discharging the planning conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Mercia believes the doors will be open within a year and Dignity has confirmed its commitment to serving the whole of Fenland for the chosen location in March.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in