How would you like the new Wisbech secondary school to look?
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being offered the chance to have their say on the design of the new secondary school which is set to open in Wisbech in 2021.
A consultation event is being held in January when the public can look at plans.
Cambridgeshire County Council, with design and build partner Kier Construction, will be holding events to seek views on the proposed Fenland Education Campus.
The proposed 600-place secondary school, built on Cambridgeshire County Council owned land, will serve the current population and villages west of Wisbech.
It is set to respond to rising pupil numbers from new residential developments in the town.
You may also want to watch:
The campus will also include purpose-built accommodation for 60 pupils with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs.
This will enable the TBAP Unity Academy to relocate from their current leased site in Wisbech.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
Land on site will be retained by the council for future expansion of the secondary school and for a primary school to provide the additional school places that would be required when the planned development of West Wisbech occurs.
Subject to planning permission, construction begins in autumn 2019 with TBAP Unity Academy moving into their new accommodation in late autumn 2020 and the secondary school ready for occupation by September 2021.
• The consultation events take place from 3-7pm on Wednesday January 9 at both Wisbech St Mary Community Centre, Beechings Close and at the Queen Mary Centre, Queen’s Road, Wisbech.
• Plans can be viewed on the project website