FENLAND: Watch our website from noon on Monday to see first announcements from cash giveaway
SIXTEEN community groups and charities across Fenland will learn on Monday how much they ve been offered in the great �30,000 Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard Cash Giveaway. Cambridgeshire Community Foundation allocated �15,000 to readers of each title to be
SIXTEEN community groups and charities across Fenland will learn on Monday how much they've been offered in the great �30,000 Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard Cash Giveaway.
Cambridgeshire Community Foundation allocated �15,000 to readers of each title to be given away in small to medium sized grants as part of an allocation of money available through the Government's Grassroots Grants scheme.
Jane Darlington, from the Cambridgeshire Foundation, and Editor John Elworthy were among those who considered the 60 or so requests for funding received from both papers.
Our deliberations continue as the process is exhaustive and must fit the strict criteria laid out under the Grassroots Grants scheme.
"Be that as it may we've got to the stage where we can announce the first batch of those who will receive grants this year," said Mr Elworthy.
"We have to emphasis that the amounts being announced are offers and subject, of course, to the groups confirming their acceptance of the offer."
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 3 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 7 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 8 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 9 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
First recipients will be announced in a special video being broadcast on Monday from 12 noon on both our websites, www.cambstimes24.co.uk and www.wisbechstandard24.co.uk . The list will also be announced in both papers next Friday and the successful applicants will receive offer letters shortly thereafter.
Other applications in the pipeline - all of which arrived before last week's closing date- are now being studied and the remaining sums will be allocated shortly.
"This has been a very exciting promotion and we're delighted to have been asked to help find the good causes who will now benefit," said Mr Elworthy.
All award winners will be invited to a special presentation in coming weeks to collect their cheques.