FENLAND: Students at the College of West Anglia celebrate excellent A Level results
STUDENTS at the College of West Anglia enjoyed excellent A Level results today. The College s A2 students achieved a pass rate of 99.1per cent, a 2.6per cent increase from last year. Publication of the AS/A2 levels results also showed a big increase in th
STUDENTS at the College of West Anglia enjoyed excellent A Level results today. The College's A2 students achieved a pass rate of 99.1per cent, a 2.6per cent increase from last year.
Publication of the AS/A2 levels results also showed a big increase in the overall number of A to C grades - a four per cent increase on last year.
Results from the College's Isle campus, which runs A Level courses in partnership with Thomas Clarkson Community College, were particularly good this year.
The A2 pass rate jumped by almost seven per cent to 97.1per cent, but the biggest success was the increase in the numbers of students achieving grades A to C.
You may also want to watch:
This rose by over 20per cent to 66per cent.
Head of Faculty for Business, Computing, Humanities and Science, Richard Bradley, said: "We are very proud of our students' achievements.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
"These results are a testament to all their hard work and commitment and a reflection of the high quality of teaching and learning in our College.
"I would like to congratulate all our students and staff on their success.
"We are delighted with the 20 subjects achieving 100per cent pass rate and particularly pleased that even more of our A Level students achieved higher A to C grades compared to last year; this means more students will be accepted into their first choice of college or university as well as having better job opportunities".
Any students that would like to discuss their options following their results can contact our Higher Education Support Officer on 01553 815357 or Student Services on 01553 761144 King's Lynn.
A2 results: A-C 62.3per cent A-E 99.1per cent.
AS results: A-C 45.2per cent A-E 82.8per cent
There were 710 exam entrants taking 3 or more exams.