FENLAND: Students at the College of West Anglia celebrate excellent A Level results
STUDENTS at the College of West Anglia enjoyed excellent A Level results today. The College s A2 students achieved a pass rate of 99.1per cent, a 2.6per cent increase from last year. Publication of the AS/A2 levels results also showed a big increase in th
STUDENTS at the College of West Anglia enjoyed excellent A Level results today. The College's A2 students achieved a pass rate of 99.1per cent, a 2.6per cent increase from last year.
Publication of the AS/A2 levels results also showed a big increase in the overall number of A to C grades - a four per cent increase on last year.
Results from the College's Isle campus, which runs A Level courses in partnership with Thomas Clarkson Community College, were particularly good this year.
The A2 pass rate jumped by almost seven per cent to 97.1per cent, but the biggest success was the increase in the numbers of students achieving grades A to C.
You may also want to watch:
This rose by over 20per cent to 66per cent.
Head of Faculty for Business, Computing, Humanities and Science, Richard Bradley, said: "We are very proud of our students' achievements.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 7 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
"These results are a testament to all their hard work and commitment and a reflection of the high quality of teaching and learning in our College.
"I would like to congratulate all our students and staff on their success.
"We are delighted with the 20 subjects achieving 100per cent pass rate and particularly pleased that even more of our A Level students achieved higher A to C grades compared to last year; this means more students will be accepted into their first choice of college or university as well as having better job opportunities".
Any students that would like to discuss their options following their results can contact our Higher Education Support Officer on 01553 815357 or Student Services on 01553 761144 King's Lynn.
A2 results: A-C 62.3per cent A-E 99.1per cent.
AS results: A-C 45.2per cent A-E 82.8per cent
There were 710 exam entrants taking 3 or more exams.